Friday, April 08, 2005

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I'm hurriedly walking down some street trying to get across town. I stop at a bus stope sign and try to see when the next bus is coming. I see Tom Lynch walking by and we greet each other. He smiles and walks by but starts to turn back to talk to me. I also see RW Hessler coming by. I ask him how he is and he says, "You know, I died a few months ago." (referring to something I knew about). I ask him if he received my care package at Amoeba and he says it arrived dirty & torn up. I wonder if the tapes inside are listenable.

I ask them to decipher the bus stop sign for me and they tell me that the bus has gone by for the day. I say my goodbyes and continue walking.

I'm walking quickly through a campus when I run into another acquaintance, a middle aged woman. She also seems to be in a hurry and I walk with her. She says she can give me a ride and I'm happy to hear this. She runs across the street to get something and tells me to start up her car. I get in the driver's seat & some guy gets in the passenger seat. The inside of th car i tiny and I scoot the seat all the way back. The area under the steering wheel is so narrow, my feet are practically together.

It's snowing outside and I put the car in reverse to back out. It speeds through the parking lot and I stop it before it hits other parked cars. i wonder out loud why I'm driving. Two other cars join us and I lead everyone out of the parking lot. drive quickly but carefully, narrowly avoiding a ton of gargabe sitting on the side of the road. I tell my passenger to make sure the other cars are still following us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home