Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm at a large family reunion talking to some people. A grandfather is trying to set up a sparring match between two of his grandsons. We clear an area in a room and the father goes to round up the kids. The grandfather keeps wondering out loud if we should have this match. I tell him that it's up to him but that someone could get hurt. The father returns to the room and the grandfather tells him that "The long-haired guy over there (referring to me) thinks we shouldn't have the match." The father is distracted & leaves again before grandpa can finish talking to him. I go over & tell grandpa to make the decision himself & that "I don't have a dog in this fight." This amuses a couple of black guys nearby.

When the father returns, the grandpa starts telling him that "Long-haired wisdom says that the match will cause many sacrifices" that "calves may be slaughtered." I'm amused by his Native American mumble jumble & make faces at Doyle Brunson sitting nearby. I pretend to blow smoke & Doyle blows a bunch of red smoke rings from his cigar. I continue mocking grandpa by throwing some tortilla chips into the air. Then I scramble to gather them back up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home