Monday, December 29, 2003

Monday, December 29th, 2003

I’m watching a big jazz/blues tribute concert featuring a bunch of musical legends. The bandleader introduces a famous harmonica player, who then goes into a solo. Later, the other harmonica player solos. I’m inside the body of the second musician as he plays. The bandleader refers to him/me as the greatest player alive, much to the annoyance of the first harmonica player.

Later, I’m wandering around a department store near the concert venue. I see a few Amoeba employees working here. I pass an aisle of chairs and stools and try (without success) to find a stool with a back for the store.

Later, I’m leaving the store and see some people buried up to their necks in the concrete floor. They all seem placid and unafraid. I ask them one by one if they are on drugs and they all are. I kneel down and begin trying to dig a girl out (maybe Rogue from the X-Men?). I use a chisel and hammer to break apart the concrete at her neck. As I try to pry her loose, she comes apart in pieces. I set aside her head and pieces of her neck. I call another guy over for help. I’m very worried about not being able to put her back together.

Later, I’m at a dinner table where we’ve been joined by Tom & Lynnette’s relatives from Australia. They’ve brought snacks and things for everyone. They pass around seashells that resemble crepes. I hold mine around my ears to try to hear the ocean.

As we eat, I mostly ignore them and am still trying to think about putting my friend back together.

One of our rabbits runs into the dining room and I ask someone to nudge her back towards me. Susannah says she can do it and steers the bunny to me. I chase it around the room a few times before it runs into the other room. I nudge it with a stick. Instead of running away, the bunny lets me push her onto her side. I run and tell Susannah to come see what she did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home