Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Tuesday, December 16th, 2003

I’ve just bought a ticket to the Cyclone at Coney Island. I sit on a bench near the ramp up to the ride itself. When I notice people coming down from the ride, I realize I should stop waiting and go up. At the ride, I get on the first section of the coaster along with a young black man. We notice the seats are compressed together and we both struggle to open them up. It turns into a bed and I wonder aloud if I can ride the coaster lying down. I have a minor flirtation with a woman on the bed.

Later…

Susannah and I are staying at someone’s house. We’re on vacation together. Susannah’s in the bathroom and I’m lying on the edge of the bed, looking at photographs. I realize we’re staying in Rachel Schankula’s parents’ house and we’re sleeping in her old room. I flip through a bunch of pictures (include lots of her orange tabby cat), wondering if I’ll see any pictures of me. I notice her bed is covered with a orange fake-fur comforter.

I stand up to a large wall mirror and start to shave with an electric razor. The glass is steamed up and I have to keep wiping it. I shave thoroughly but keep finding strange patches of thick stubble. Eventually, I shave myself clean and announce to Susannah, “Come check me out, I’m the most clean shaven you’ve ever seen me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home