Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Wednesday, December 10th, 2003

I’m staying in someone else’s house with a few other people. A woman asks me if I have a jacket or coat she can borrow. I remember my old denim jacket that I never wear. I head to a bedroom closet to fetch it but realize there’s another woman staying in that bedroom. I peek through the door and see her sitting in a small round tub with her top off. She seems to be rehearsing lines from a play or movie. I walk in quickly and try not to look at her. She notices me but doesn’t cover herself up.

Later, I’m trying to sneak out of the house. I go out the front door and steal one of the two cars in the driveway. I pull out of the driveway, careful not to hit the other car, a large SUV. The car is a stick shift and I have trouble driving it. I also have trouble turning off the emergency brake. Unable to shift correctly, I coast through a few intersections.

Later…

I’m browsing used CD’s at Amoeba. I come across a bunch of cheap Belly and Edie Brickell CD’s. I consider them for a bit and pick up a $3.98 copy of Edie Brickell’s newest album.

A former coworker comes up to me and asks if I’d like to say hello to everyone. I agree and he tells me everyone is having lunch at the bowling alley next door. He leads me through the giant store and out the front door.

We enter a large cave/warehouse-like room. There are a dozen employees seated around a few long tables having lunch. Everyone seems to recognize me as I enter but they all seem blasé or bored by my appearance. I say hello to a few of them and someone asks me what I’ve been up to. I begin telling them how I came to open a video store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home