Friday, December 05, 2003

Friday, December 5th, 2003

I’m in a digital space holding a pet carrier with a cat and a rabbit in it. We travel through a portal into a real space. I put the carrier down and take the cat out. The cat (a large aggressive cat) and I walk through this pet store. I let the cat devour a bunch of toys before realizing they’re just toys. I take the cat over to the birdcages but then decide against letting the cat eat the birds. I see a rabbit running around and realize I shouldn’t have left my carrier with the rabbit. I go back to fetch it. I look to where the portal used to be and it’s now an ordinary looking wall. I pick up the carrier, close my eyes and try to walk through the wall. It’s solid and I cannot get through.

I get a little worried and try to find my way out of the space. It now resembles an empty pharmacy/lab. I’m now carrying a plastic bag full of stolen medicine. As I try to sneak out, a security guard stops me. I tell him I was just here getting medicine for my pets. He smiles and tells me he can get me some Tylenol. I go to the counter and he gets me several packets of pills. The nurse/cashier at the counter then tells me that my plan doesn’t cover the pills. I ask her why and she can’t explain it.

I walk away, realizing I’m still getting away scott-free. I walk through the place (now a busy store) until I find an exit. It leads to an escalator and I take it down. I realize I’m in a mall and I walk out onto the street. There’s a light drizzle outside. I stand at the intersection of Bay and 31st streets and try to figure out where the subway/bus stop is. It all looks very familiar (like a mix of New York and San Francisco) but I can’t seem to remember. I cross the street as several cars coming down the slope have to slow to miss me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home