Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Tuesday, November 18th, 2003

I’m standing on a ladder trying to get some boxes up into an attic. I’m halfway in the entry way and I’m perched precariously on the ladder, in danger of falling. I can’t see down into the lower level because of all these stacked boxes. I see a woman’s name on one of the boxes, someone I know. I start yelling for someone to help me. The woman is below me and starts removing boxes so I can get back down the ladder. As I descend, I watch the boxes tumble. They knock down displays of toys hanging on the walls.

Later, Michelle is giving me a toy to give to Everett. It’s a medium-sized Japanese robot toy. I tell her it reminds of me a classic 70s giant robot from Japan. I tell her that Gundam Wing (even though I mean something else) started the whole giant robot genre just like Miyazaki began the whole robot boy genre with Astro Boy. I start telling her about how I grew up with fond memories of watching Astro Boy as a kid. “One day I walk into a comic book store. They were showing old Astro Boy episodes from the 60s. I suddenly realized that what I had grown up with was a newer series, colorized for the 80s, and not the original black & white series from the 60s.”

Later…

I’m listening in on some people in a bar (maybe lawyers) talking about the Letterman murder case. They’re speculating on whether or not David Letterman’s mom is capable of calling a murder hit.

Later…

I’m visiting Everett at daycare. Tom and I discuss his progress compared to other kids. Everett asks Tom for a few feathers. I ask Tom if this is the first time he’s asked for something very specific that wasn’t food or a toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home