Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Sunday, July 6th, 2003

I'm watching/living a movie based on a book by a high school classmate. I'm on UK's campus trying to find the Smith Arts Building. I go over to a campus map where I see Chad Klusek (from Henry Clay High) standing. I find the building on the map and head towards it. The building is large and one side of it looks like a loading dock. I go inside and see a few students and teachers working in the hallways. I walk around trying to find a way into the main building.

I'm now watching the author's life play out in front of me. He's strung out and sleeping on the lawn when a car pulls up, its headlights shining on him. Some drug dealers/gangsters come out and pull him into the car. One of them brandishes two large kitchen knives. He jumps in the car and proceeds to stab the author.

Back at the art building, some students are helping bandage his wounds (in his shoulder). He ties the bandage and starts to leave the building. A teacher (Anjelica Huston) turns around and asks where he went.

Now a young girl's voice narrates, "And then you came straight for me?" she says excitedly. The young man (author) is flying over the streets of Lexington.

I'm looking at an old part of town with Susannah (like we're watching all this in a movie theater). She tells me this building near us is an old "ice house". We watch as a mechanism on the wall works and opens the side of the building like a garage door. Inside is a shop/factory where lots of people are working. One man is grilling food.

I tell Susannah that I've been watching a movie based on a book by a Lexington author. She says, "Great, I always miss the good stuff." i notice her arms are scaley and smooth and snake-like, with speckles of different colors - gold, brown & black. I ask her if she used sunscreen and she says no. I chide her gently for it, adding that she has her mother's skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home