Saturday, June 21, 2003

Wednesday, December 25th, 2002

After attending a post-class dinner party with some classmates, I go back into a classroom to find two black women sitting there. They'd been the last to leave class for dinner earlier. I ask them if they went to dinner at all. They laugh and say yes. One of them is studying, the other is reaading a paper. I go back to my desk to gather my things. I pack away a Rolling Stone/Entertainment Weekly year-end issue but decide not to take the Sunday comics.

Later...

I'm getting ready to go to Tom & Lynnette's but need to call Aj first. I dial his number but someone else (who seems to know who I am) answers. I talk to them awkwardly for a few minutes before I realize I have the wrong number. I tell them I'll check the number and apologize if I call them again. I then realize I dialed the wrong area code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home