Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Thursday, February 6th, 2003

I'm watching as the city gets hit by a nuclear bomb blast. Instead of incinerating everything, it triggers a series of earthquakes and slowly destroys all the buildings. I'm trying to stand out in the open to avoid the falling bricks. I run into the occasional person and try to guide them to safety. I run into a retarded young man and tell him to sit in an open area and wait for me.

Later...

I'm walking on a pier where a bunch of older folks are sitting around. I walk by and someone I know says "Hey" and reintroduces me to everyone. He says "Everyone here is disgruntled." I say "Yes, but are they armed?" - referring to the katana I'm holding.

Later...

I'm walking in a grassy area near some apartments. I'm slashing at some tress with the katana. A young woman named Lydia comes out and accuses me of hunting and trapping her animals. She points to a large ferret near our feet. I tell her I'm not hunting it and that she should stop feeding it because now it's not at all afraid of people. I even nudge it with my foot to prove it. I notice a burn scar on her shoulder blade. It looks like a one-eyed skull. I show her my burn scar in an effort to bond with her. She is of a higher class and I'm trying to win her favor. She tells me her scar is the result of a burn by the acidity of an old can of coke.

I return to a temporary shelter where some people are staying. I realize I'm back too late for lunch. I ask nicely if I can still have some. They joke that they'd have to charge me more. I tell them I was on a mission to kiss up to someone who could get us some food - like 10lbs of ground beef.

Later...

I'm in a grocery store looking for snacks. I'm looking at a loaf of wheat bread labeled "pumpkin & oil".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home