Monday, June 23, 2003

Friday January 17th, 2003

I'm on a busy street when I see a wanted criminal being chased by Jackie Chan. They dart around a corner into Chinatown. I round the corner and ask some young Chinese women where they went. They point to an escalator that leads into a basement restaurant. I step into the escalator as it turns into a dummy waiter and I have to lie down in it. I squeeze myself out before it reaches the bottom to prevent my head from getting caught in it. I enter the restaurant and go into the bathroom. Tom Owens walks out of a stall talking to himself about recruiting more WRFL DJs. I avoid being recognized by him. I enter a stall and can see Dave Aberdeen (from Amoeba) in the next stall playing a different version of Baldur's Gate on a computer. It looks more like a first-person shooter. I watch as his main character chases a monster into a modern city-like area and shoots an arrow at a security guard standing by a building.

meanwhile, back at the restaurant, AJ and I are asking the waiters about Jackie Chan and the guy he was chasing. I have a small coffee table and a pack of Chinese pastries under my arm. I pay for the pastries with exact change since they couldn't change my $150 bill.

We walk out of the restaurant and try to find Jackie & the bad guy. I spot them fighting down the street. I think to myself that Jackie should be able to handle this guy. Armed with spears, we run towards the action. We get waylaid by two black men throwing small javelins at us. I defelct them one by one with my spear and eventually get the drop on one of them - my spear at his neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home