Saturday, June 21, 2003

Friday, December 27th, 2002

I'm in a large meeting hall just off the garage of a firehouse. I'm part of a group of people shouting instructions to a mass of people. Among other things, We're trying to get people to register their vehicles with us. One official announces that a random winner from all registered persons will get a late-model Pontiac Grand Am (though the actual car looks like an early '90s American sedan). There is also mention of a better price as well (a newer, fancier car). I run around the room taking notes. In another room, I'm running around trying to get things organized. one of my bosses comes to see how things are going. He asks, "So, is anyone against us?" I answer, half-jokingly, "Just me." I'm writing in a notebook I got from another employee. In it are two photos of two young male employees. One photo shows a young white employee nude with an erection. There's also a erect black penis in the shot. I tell my boss, "I didn't take these." We both know who did and are appalled by the pictures.

Later...

Tom and I are taking trains to go out of town. Tom has to go to the bathroom - which is on the opposite side of arriving trains. I try to listen to the announcements about arrivals and departures. I tell Tom he doesn't have time to go to the bathroom but he gets in line anyway. I end up getting on a train alone but realize I've gotten on the wrong one. I ask a large female train employee how to transfer to the Hamilton train. She has lots of tattoos that look like meat brands. The train is travelling high above the water ad goes down fast like a rollercoaster. As we hit the surface, water comes flooding into the quickly but is quickly flushed out. I get off the train and step into an Asian mall. AJ is there (as if he was with me the whole time). We read menus for a Japanese/Korean restaurant we'd been wanting to try. A waitress comes out to tell us we can't read the menu.

We put the menus down and wander the food court. We stalls with garlic broccoli on rotisserie spits and stalls with roasted potatoes. We walk up to a stall where an old Chinese man is rolling cooked pancakes in raw fish paste, then frying them. The posted price is 12 cents each or 10 for a dollar. We decide to get some. I ask AJ if he wants some broccoli and potatoes too but he says no. As he's ordering, I look up at a large TV screen. It's a commercial where Imperial spaceships are flying about, then turning into Lego-like toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home