Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Wednesday, January 29th, 2003

I'm standing on the edge of a building, just outside an apartment unit waiting for a friend to come out. The ledge is right next to a train track. My friend has packed up all his belongings and is about to hop a train. As a bunch of disconnected train cars go by, he slips his bags onto them. We keep trying to jump on them but keep losing our nerve. We end up missing our chance to board. We start running down the street and see a cop/train worker stuck in a cherry picker. We feel like it's our fault and start trying to avoid the cops. I ask my friend (Bill Nguyen from high school) if he still has his car. He says he got rid of it. He asks me if I still have keys to George & Beth's car and suggests we start toward their house. We venture along a grassy/marshy area trying not to be noticed. We crawl through some wet muddy pathces, getting our clothes dirty. I feel good doing thid, especially after having ditched all my possessions. I also worry about the police going through our bags and finding out who we are.

Later...

We're at a wedding dinner. There are 3 large tables of people, mostly Susannah's family. Finally my family arrives - my dad, Li Hong and May, Mercedes, a new baby boy and my grandmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home