Friday, June 27, 2003

Saturday, March 8th, 2003

We're at a bowling alley/athletic club with a gay Latino guy we know. We's dressed in a shirt, very short shorts and a bowling /varsity jacket emblazoned with lots of club and band patches. We're a little embarrassed by him because he's pretentious and a bad bowler. Our bowling rivals keep trying to reconfigure teams and keep dissing him. There's some bet about the losers getting tattoos. I finally get fed up and come to the guy's defense. He's not that offended and tries to calm everyone down. he removes his jacket, revealing his shirtless torso strewn with band tattoos from his shoulder to his belly on one side of his body.

Later...

A large group of us arrives in Hawaii for vacation/conference. I've reserved a room for four days and need to check in and extend my reservation for 7 to 10 days. I talk to a middle-aged woman at the counter about it. She gives me my room info and part of my room deposit back in cash. She apologizes for the employee who took my reservation and charged me two deposits. A bunch of other guys my age are crowded at the counter trying to get their rooms. Susannah and another cute girl (who's showing some cleavage) are wading in the lobby fountain. I get my keys and wander through the hotel (a Holiday Inn I've stayed at before) to find my room. I go through a large game room full of pool tables and video games. I end up outside, still not being able to find my room. I look on my reservation form and see that my room is called "Swamp Deck" or Swamp Balcony". I walk along the coast and keep looking for buildings or rooms with that label.

I end up near a building where the rooms are labeled "Craigslist Reserved". I head back to the Holiday Inn to search some more. I walk up a hill where some parents and kids in beach gear are walking on the side of the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home