Thursday, June 26, 2003

Thursday, February 27th, 2003

I'm in a high-rise building trying to get from the 1st to the 7th or 9th floor. I stand at the elevators and wait when the express elevator arrives. I'm in a hurry so I get on. It only goes to certain floors, 6, 10, 17, etc. I hit 6. Everyone else gets off before me. It takes a long time before arriving at 6 but something doesn't seem quite right. I ride it to 10, then hit 6 again to ride down. The elevator feels like it's going sideways, then down again. I end up on the 18th floor. I get fed up and get out to find the stairs. There's an alarm sounding throughout the building and people are evacuating. I start darting down the marble circular stairwell towards 7. As I go, my headphones slip out of my pocket and ne of the fuzzy earphone covers falls out. I stop to retrieve it. I end up on a floor where the stairs end (even though it's not the ground floor). I look for a secret staircase entrance. Britney Spears is there as the Devil incarnate (though she's also known as Alura).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home