Thursday, June 26, 2003

Wednesday, March 5th, 2003

I'm a prep school student on a school trip. We're nearing the end of the trip and need to head back but our group is scattered and disorganized and we can't find our headmaster. I get frustrated and take over. I yell to a group of students and tell them to gather more students and wait by the gates (we're at a crowded monument packed with tourists). I spot a few more classmates and recruit them to find the rest of our school. We quickly pull more classmates from the dense crowds and yell for them to meet outside. We're still missing a few more. I turn to our adult tour guide and ask him what the name of our school is. He says "Santy (something)." Before he can say another word, I yell into the crowd, "Shanty students over here!" A few more faces appear from the crowd and I lead them out. Outside, the crowds are still thick and I consolidate the various student groups loitering about.

I notice we still have a few arts & crafts booths we need to close down. I run up and down the crafts area and ask our booths how many people they think they'll need to help shut down. A couple of rastafarians grumble loudly about us leaving early and not helping the rest of the vendors shut down. I consider the possibility of helping but decide it's more important for us to get our things and go home since there's still a long drive ahead of us.

Later...

AJ and I are discussing food while images of food being cut & eaten dominate the dream. I can't focus on what he's saying because he's speaking in fragments. I tell him to "Say it again in a good sentence." He says 99% of "traditional food" is French based. I disagree with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home