Thursday, June 26, 2003

Saturday, March 1st, 2003

I'm at a Hollywood party. I'm new to the industry and am trying to meet everyone. There are a few people with young kids. I'm playing with one of the kids (a multiracial kid). We hear the sounds of motorcycles outside and see a couple of teenagers riding stolen bikes past the house. There are several tough looking hoods chasing them, trying to get their bikes back. A few of us rush to the windows to see the action. The tough guys see us through the window and barge in. They pull out weapons and start threatening us. They assault a few of us and begin robbing the rest of us. My mom is there and they try to humiliate her. I want to fight them but they have guns drawn on us.

I wake up the next morning in the same house. Several people from the party are injured, a few even dead (though the facts are vague). I wander into the street trying to find out more about the incident and other survivors. I end up in the waiting room of a hospital where one of the people I met last night is sitting. He's carrying a bunch of DVDs. I somberly reintroduce myself to him. I ask him about one of our injurd acquitances.

Later, I (as Michael Jeter) am trudging through a snow bank when a man starts talking to me. he knows something pertaining to the incident and wants to make a deal with me. I am afraid of him and tell him to call me at the Bureau. I suddenly spot a woman (who looks like Frances McDormand) from the party. She calls us over and invites us to her place neatby.

We go through several doors and locks and enter her apartment. We start taking off all our winter gear. I complain about the weather and how I even have to wear a baseball cap. The woman seems interested in me, but not the other guy. She has a multiracial baby (who I'd seen at the party) and begins to draw milk from her breast to feed him. She then goes into the hallway with me to do it away from the other guy. She says, "(the other guy) said he'd wait in the bathroom to give me privacy. Does he think what happened last night is going to happen here?" The overall mood is tense, realistically nerve-wracking and a little sad.

Later, I'm in a park and I run into Jennifer Milich. She's been taking care of the daughter of one of the victims. She's also painted a portrait of the girl. She then shows me some police sketches of the house layout of the place we were attacked in.

Later, I'm watching a History Channel program about WWII. They're showing how Japan bombed New York. As the reenactment planes flies over the docks, the fighters mow down civilians on the ground. I start thinking about the house where we were attacked.

Now, I'm down at the docks, in the snow. I'm next to a house where Christine Kim is lying in the snow outside. I talk to her briefly as she keeps watching TV or listening to the radio out in the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home