Thursday, June 26, 2003

Friday, March 7th, 2003

I'm in China standing on a large bridge over a wide river. Below me is a long canoe/boat and two men I recognize wading into the water. I make a long dive and swim to them in a few strong strokes. It turns out they are my grandfather (or great-uncle) and one of my dad's brothers (one I've never met). I hang on to the boat sa we travel.

Later, I'm in a room full of my relatives. All attention is focused on me as I make a call to my dad. I tell him excitedly that I'm standing near so many relatives. He asks me who's there and I try to tell him. I tell him that mom, Li Hong & May, two of his brothers (one of whom I refer to as Li Hong's dad due to the resemblance) are all here. I tell him we're coming to visit him in the US.

Later...

I'm going to a music festival/convention. I'm in the parking lot trying to decide which of my cameras to take. I end up with a small digital camera, my SLR and a Polaroid. I lug everyting to the entrance with a black ticket taker tears my ticket. The first area I enter is full of sunbathers and people sleeping in very little clothing. A few women even have their panties off. I also see Phillip Seymour Hoffman lying there in his bikini briefs. The woman next to him says something to him. He says to her, "Sure, as soon as the asshole leaves." I go up to him and say, "Don't worry, I'll be gone soon enough." I tell him I'm putting my stuff down near him for a bit. Suddenly, I notice I'm missing two of my cameras. I start frantically searching. Then I spot a young Latino guy running off with them. I give chase but have a hard time catching up. I see him in the distance. I'm charging up my camera flash to use against him when the stolen equipment explodes in a burst of grapes. The thief is perplexed and I give up chasing him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home