Tuesday, May 21, 2002

late entry from 5/18/2002:

I'm in a house with a squad of Vietnamese soldiers. We were all in high spirits as we prepared to go out for a field exercise or an expedition. Most of the men went out to assemble, leaving just me and out commanding officer. He said something about having an exhibition war-game with another squad. I asked him if we were having a war-game or a scouting mission and he didn't really clarify. He asked me if we minded postponing our usual staff meeting for this event. I said no. I told him I'd be ready to go as soon as I used the restroom.

As I went into the bathroom (which was a bedroom), several cats came in. I thought they were Tom & Lynnette's cats but didn't remember them having so many. An orange and white cat jumped onto the bed and make aggressive, raspy hissing noises at me. I kept trying to get a book to read on the bed but the cat kept lunging at me. A voice (either the officer or Tom & Lynnette) said the new cat liked to keep Eliza (another new cat) in line, even though Eliza behaved most of the time.

woke up humming "The Warrior" by Patty Smyth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home