Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm hanging out with a mom after a day of daycare (or a few weeks of day camp). I'm playing w/ her baby daughter and ask to "borrow" her. The mom is fine with it and we keep playing.

Later, it's time to go home and the mom is nowhere to be found. I panic briefly as I do not know the kid's name or the mom's name. I take the baby and Sofia back to the daycare center to sort it out. I go inside with Sofia to find some help. It's an elementary school w/ a daycare in one section. We can't seem to find any help and I realize I'd left the baby in the car. I head back out & see the baby lying in the backseat in some vomit. I take her out to clean her up. I see a roll of paper towels on the curb and run her over to it and start cleaning her off. As I finish up, Tisha Maynard walks by and I tell her I'm glad to see her. She seems bemused as I tell her the situation and together we go inside. She starts going through pictures of kids on the computer as I describe the baby's older sister who was in the camp. I put the naked baby in a play pen and ask Tisha if they'd taken any group pictures of the class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home