Saturday, May 02, 2009

I'm going through an airport/train station looking for my flight/train. I finally get to my destination and ride my small motorcycle out of the station to my apartment/sublet. I park it near the building entrance and lock it to some scaffolding with a bike lock. I head upstairs and run into Michelle.

Later...

It's late at night and I'm in a large wooden house on the pier trying to find a place to sleep. People are setting up makeshift beds everywhere and I have my own large bed to sleep in. "I have half a bed if anyone needs it." I announce. A large teenage boy takes me up on the offer. "Are you planning to toss and turn all night?" I ask half-seriously. "Yeah..." He replies.

I head into the basement to look for my backpack. Lisa & Linus and dozing on the bottom step and I try to hop over them but end up rattling the staircase and disturbing them. I tell them they should find a real bed but Lisa says something about the way Linus sleeps. I find my backpack & dig through it for something to read. I tear the plastic off a new Time magazine. It's stuffy in the basement and Lisa & Linus are both a little red. I tell them it's hotter in the basement than the rest of the house and suggest opening some windows. Lisa says it's okay but I open one anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home