Friday, April 03, 2009

I've kidnapped a young black woman who's offended me.  She's riding on my back as we make out way through Chinatown to the airport.  Once inside the airport, I put her down near some escalators and try to explain my actions.  "Nothing can excuse what I did to you but please understand why I did it."  (I must've also assaulted or done something horrible to her)  There's an abandoned purse next to where we're sitting and I rifle through it briefly, finding nothing.  We continue upstairs to the terminal.

Later, I'm on a plane and we're flying extremely low.  The captain/stewardess comes on and says we're looking for dry land.  I look out and see we're practically skimming the water over a canal in an industrial part of town.  We continue to veer about, trying not to crash into anything.  We're so close to buildings on either side that I think we've lost our wings.  Finally Jake Gyllenhaal on a motorcycle guides us in for a landing.

Once on the ground, we exit the plane (now a bus) and wonder where we are.  The plane's crew tells us we're just outside Toronto and all the passengers are livid (we were supposed to fly to Lexington or Cincinnati).  I start yelling at the crew and they don't seem to care.

Now inside the terminal, I'm wandering around, ranting about the flight and no one seems to care.  I see lots of debutantes and women in gowns in tiaras putting up signs and decorating as if for a ball or beauty pageant.  "This is just perfect," I say to no one in particular, "My flight's all fucked up, there are trixies all around, it's a good thing I'm not armed."

I start down the terminal (which looks like Grand Central Station or a large mall with skylights) to find another flight.  I think to call Susannah to see if she and Sofia got home.  I wonder if they're in flight when I check the time.  It's 10:30pm but still light out.  I ask someone for the local time and he seems perplexed by the question.  He keeps trying to check without success and I get fed up and leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home