Thursday, December 01, 2005

I'm in my bedroom with Claire Light & a few other people. She's holding Sofia and talking to us about leaving. Sofia begins slipping out of her arms and I barely catch her before she falls the floor. Claire looks completely stoned, beads of sweat dripping down her pale face. I get mad and yell for someone to get her out of here.

Later...

It's mid afternoon and I'm in a mall looking for some food. I'm not too hungry so I decide to get a hot dog w/ peppers & onions. I order the dog and two cups of coffee to go. I get the dog right away but the coffees take a long time. Once I get them, the cashier asks if I want milk or sugar. I tell her I want five packets of each. She tells me that she only has one milk packet. I tell her I'll just add the milk here. Up at the counter, I start stirring in packets of sugar. For some reason my coffee is now in a large metal container. As I mix the coffee, it all but evaporates. I get really irritated and ask to see a manager. No one can quite point me to the right person. Finally, someone points me to another place in the food court. I head to that counter and look over several older women behind the counter but can't figure out which one is the manager. Susannah tells me to relax and not make a big deal out of it. I wander to another counter and ask a young black man to find me a manager. He's tiny and crawls up on his chair and tells me that he's independent. I get irritated and wander into a department store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home