Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Susannah and I and others have arrived at the Hamptons. I run ino a big mall/movie theater to return something. Inside, it's a huge restaurant that looks like Grand Central Station. I hear yelling and see my mom at a table alone, shouting in Chinese for us to come over. Susannah's mother runs through the place and gives my mom a hug. We go over with Sofia and I put her on the floor. She has no legs and shuffles on her fists. I tell everyone to notice her new skill. A woman from the next table scoops her up and holds her.

Later...

A friend and I are reading comics together. We finish a batch and reach for a pile of books. Among them are old issues of Time Magazine that feature Iron Man. I note that I didn't know that Time used to serialize Iron Man. We also thumb through some large tomes that feature an illustrated version of either the Bible or Lord of the Rings. The illustrations feature lots of explicit sex. I snicker and say, "Wow, they really stick close to the original text, huh?" I thumb through a few chapters, including where the Christians overthrow the natives of their new country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home