Thursday, April 01, 2004

Thursday, April 1, 2004

I’m talking to Susannah about my ex-girlfriends. She thinks that I still have feelings about them and questions whether or not we should get married.

Later…

I’m talking to someone about the small part I had in David Koepp’s movie Secret Window. We’re watching a scene being shot under a highway overpass. It’s dark and raining. As I watch the scene, I realize I’m not in it. I wonder if my scene was cut and might be restored in the DVD version.

We watch the beginning of the movie as a man in a winter coat walks up to a cabin. He checks the doors as the weather starts to turn bad. He lifts off his hood and we see it’s an Asian man (who doesn’t look like me but is supposed to be me). He asks Johnny Depp’s character if the weather’s supposed to get worse. Depp says yes. As they start to leave the cabin, they notice a minivan up the hill. The Asian guy asks, “Hey, isn’t that (so-and-so’s) car?” Depp says, “Yes, but he’s gone.” The minivan starts coming down the hill towards them. The two men get scared and start running down the hill away from it. Their legs are stiff and weak and they have trouble running and getting over some wire fences.

They make their way down a hill and onto a path. A few cars are coming their way on the path and they wave them down. A red minivan stops for them and they get in (along with two other strangers). Steve Martin and his family are in the van. This is all a part of the plot, a thriller takeoff on Cheaper By the Dozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home