Friday, March 19, 2004

Friday, March 19th, 2004

I’m outside an unfamiliar entrance to the Jay Street subway station trying to find my dad and his colleague. I go inside the station to look at a map.

Later…

I’m on Smith Street near the store when I see Debra Goldstein come out of her apartment carrying a printer box. I comment on how boxes for electronics are always too big.

Later…

I’m walking through a subway station with Susannah. There’s a crowd walking with us. Susannah’s quietly singing a song and I tell her to stop. A black man is walking on the other side of her and tells her to keep singing. I’m irritated but ignore him. Then he brushes a finger against Susannah’s arm and says something about her soft skin. I pull Susannah towards me and stop, yelling, “Hey! What are you doing?! What are you doing?!” The guy stops, stares me down and backs off. Furious, I walk Susannah to the platform as others watch on.

On the platform, several women who’d seen the incident form a barricade around Susannah in a show of solidarity. I show a smile to them but I’m still fuming. I pace around, looking down the corridor for the guy. I go over to Susannah who has a small stainless steel case open. Inside are small compartments filled with jewelry. I tell her she shouldn’t carry so much bling bling out with her.

We’re inside the Jay Street station but we can’t take the F directly home for some reason. Susannah says we have to take the Q Diamond into Manhattan and then back on the F.

I’m listening to Marilyn Manson inside my head and still gearing up for a fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home