Friday, March 26, 2004

Friday, March 26th, 2004

I’m in a hotel room with Susannah and a Russian man. It’s morning and we have a meeting or transaction to attend to. I ask the man why his young partner isn’t here yet. He puts on his thick bifocals and calls down to reception to see. I sort through his ring of keys and find out that the kid is staying in room 35. We all head out together. As we’re leaving, I get a bad feeling about the meeting and feel like I should take some protection. I tell them I’ll be right back and run back into the room. I rummage through the room quickly, trying to find a small weapon of some sort. I end up grabbing my wallet and making sure I put on my wedding ring (I want to be wearing it in case I die).

I rejoin Susannah and the man and we head downstairs. There are lots of other people going downstairs. Many of them are participating in a new sports fad of walking backwards down the stairs. I get fed up with them slowing me down and I start hopping the handrails to skip past people. Many people applaud my skater-like agility. I hear someone say the name “Merrill.” I see Micah Gottlieb and realize they’re talking about him. We nod hello to each other. After a couple more rail jumps, we reach an open boardwalk. I declare that all this rail jumping is “boring” and that this was the first time I ever did it. Many people are thoroughly impressed.

As I glance around the boardwalk, I try to find our rendezvous spot. I also wonder if there are agents or assassins out to get us. I try to think of any allies I can call on.

Later…

I’m at a friend’s house and we’re talking to a music rep. She asks if (someone) can go down to LA for an overnight trip. I tentatively agree, so does a middle-aged woman.

The rep is a little hazy on details and I have to keep asking her questions. She gives me the name of the hotel to stay and I ask her to give me directions from the airport (in case the cabbie doesn’t know). “Or will I have a limo driver waiting at the airport with a sign that reads ‘Dave Woo?’ I joke.

As she gives me directions, we’re standing on the street where the hotel is. She points up to the overpass near the hotel and says to tell the driver it’s near the highway.

I continue asking questions about the trip and what exactly I’m required to do. We sit in a lobby along with another older male rep. The middle-aged woman is talking about the trip as well. I get a little confused and ask the female rep if both of us are going. She looks to the male rep and he says no, just the woman. I get really pissed off and storm out of the building.

Outside, I stomp around and scream at being screwed with. The female rep comes outside and tries to apologize to me. I’m in no mood to listen.

Later, I’m inside and still fuming about the incident. There’s a young woman with me. She starts gathering her homework and begins to leave. I’m on the phone with a rep and I motion for her not to leave yet. I stand close to her and look over her pale, smooth skin. I hang up the phone and begin fondling her. We begin to make out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home