Friday, May 31, 2002

I'm inhabiting the body of a freed gladiator turned adventurer in a Dungeons & Dragons kinda world. I'm being accosted by this Japanese/Okinawan young man who holds a grudge against me. As he keeps trying to attack me, I run across a bridge over a koi pond to his elderly father. First I speak Chinese to him (as some sort of ply, knowing he doesn't speak Chinese). He points down the road (as if Chinese speakers come up to him all the time). The whole time, his son is across the bridge, watching us. I then introduce myself in slow English... "My name is Dan..." He slowly says his 3-word name. I repeat it with him.

As I'm trying to fend off my attacker, there is a voice-over (of the person playing me in this game) talking about my weapons and armor. He says something about how certain weapons are too big for my armor and shield. I'm wearing gladiator-style armor, a small shield and a curved bladed weapon (like the boomerang in Blade).

Later...

I'm looking over a map (while being in it), planning my attack strategies.

Definitely influenced by playing too much Age of Empires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home