Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm @ a poker game but instead of sitting at a table, all the players are standing in a line on the sidewalk. I'm about the 5th person in line. We're in hand (the table, cards & chips are projected nearby and) and I'm in middle position with JT offsuit. I limp in along w/ several others & it gets raised & called by everyone. The flop comes out TT8 rainbow and I decide there's so much money in the pot that I have to go all in. As I wait for it to come to me, I look back at the board and somehow all five cards are out & they are different cards (JTJJ2 with 4 improbable hearts). The dealer (we're dealing ourselves) then proceeds to rake up the cards. I start protesting loudly & ask what the hell just happened. Someone tells me the original flop was somehow messed up and a new board was put out. I begin asking loudly how the original flop was messed up, why the entire board had to be replaced and why no one was allowed to act the entire time. I also ask if the original flop was put at the bottom of the deck or shuffled back into the deck (not remembering the suit of the Tens on the first flop).

No one is willing or able to answer my questions I get really upset. I turn to the dealer (who is not standnd behind me & looking both sheepish & coy and ask, "Please, please, please, for the love of god tell me what the hell happened here!"