Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm in a Deadwood-like town trying to divide up use of a large building with the three other owners, all young men.

The space is now a butcher shop/provisions store where I'm stocking up on meat & food. As I box up my wares, a woman greets me and says, "You know, I was just beginning to feel better when..." "I know," I interrupt her, "Until they did that horrible thing. I'm referring to someone making a plastic action figure of Mr. Ellsworth, her husband, with a noose around his neck. (He'd been killed recently and the effigy stood to remind her of it). I tell her that I will confront of the maker of the effigy & berate him.

I ask around the shop for a handtruck to help me get my things back. Someone I'm taking to drops a large frozen turkey and I joke that it's "free turkey with purchase day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home