Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm in a hotel on a tourist destination island. I'm trying to sort out my things in the lobby. Eric Lynch is there and we're talking about our plans for the day. He says he has no real itinerary and we can do whatever. There is a safe in the lobby and I start putting some of my things in it. I leave the safe unlocked & go back to my room to get everything else.

I'm dressed in my leather jacket and I head back to the lobby. I walk by some hotel employees talking with a few of their friends. One guy says very loudly as I walk by, "The problem with this country is all the damn foreigners, especially the Asians." I turn back around & confront him, pulling out a switchblade. He also pulls out a knife and sticks me in the leg. I drop my blade and pull out a gun and shoot him dead.

Outside the hotel, I walk through a plaza wondering where Eric is. I want to call him but get distracted. There are a group of women milling by some bleachers. I walk by one of them, a young black mother who's looking at a Sudoku book. At first, I mistake it for a poker book and want to ask her where she plays. I take a closer look over her shoulder and realize it's a Sudoku book that has 13 rows and columns and uses poker cards for numbers. I walk the bleachers where a gospel chorus is rehearsing.

I go to cross the street and wait on the curb as the New York-like traffic whizzes by. A couple of traffic cops stand next to me & wait as well. A walk signal lights up and we all rush across the street. I head back to the hotel to look for Eric. I start to walk through some automatic doors into a Target. There are huge high rises on the sidewalk that force me to duck down as I enter Target. I suddenly realize that I need to go into Sears which is next door.

As I exit back onto the sidewalk, I hear a TV commentary about Eric being friends with some celebrity (me?). They're discussing what effect a fat friend will have on the celebrity. I take out my cell & dial Eric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home