Monday, June 21, 2004

Monday, June 21st, 2004

I’m an attractive young white woman at a party. I spot a handsome young white man and am instantly smitten with him.

This part of the story is told in comic book panels:

We’re standing in front of a mirror in the bathroom getting dressed to go home after the party. We don’t say anything to each other as we share the mirror. Voiceover narration (or a caption) says, “The worst part of the evening was going home to my husband.”

The scene flashes back to the party. A dancing game is commencing. The handsome man is given a flashlight or baton to hold and has to stand near the center of the dining room table as the rest of the partiers dance a line around him. The baton will be continually handed off as people leave the dance line. Narration: “I tried my hardest to be the next one out so I could stand next to him. It was my only chance.” The panel shows him standing by the table holding the baton and being a very good sport.

Flash forward to after the party. We’re trying to make plans to meet again, maybe at a cafe. He says, “Well Bank Street crosses the canal, right? And there’s really no reason to go south of (something area). So we can meet at (somewhere) and explore those great cafes there.” I do say anything but smile and fall in love with the idea of beginning this affair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home