Thursday, May 13, 2004

Thursday, May 13th, 2004

I’m walking on the grass toward a highway. At the edge of the road, I stop and wait for Susannah, who’s running towards me excitedly. I see Nikky Finney walking behind her.

Susannah and I cross the highway and head toward a building. There, Lynnette joins us. We’re all in workout clothes. She says something about us all being in silk and I tell her I’m not. We walk excitedly up some wooden stairs up to a studio. There, we meet up with AJ, a young Japanese woman and one or two other people. We pass a few other people practicing a dance routine. I turn to our group and say, “I wanna make sure we don’t end up sounding like a group of parents.” We all agree.

While we wait for London (who’s coaching us), we talk about being good or bad with music. One of us (Tom?) is fooling around on the drums. I talk to AJ, saying how hard it is to play an instrument badly if you know how to play it right. We talk about singing badly and how you’d just end up sounding like Yamatsuka Eye.

Once I see that everyone has arrived, I knock on London’s studio door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home