Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Tuesday, October 14th, 2003

I’m heading down into a Subway station to go meet Susannah for lunch. I’m carrying a folded up hand-truck. Just before I go through the turnstiles, I look through a skylight and notice it’s very cloudy and might rain. I also notice a large group of Arab kids (among them are the kids who stole from me). I turn back to get my umbrella, ducking under the gates to get out and back up to street level. I hope they kids will be there when I get back because I don’t want them to think that I left because of them. By the time I get back up to the sidewalk, the kids are crowded around the gate of the Subway entrance and begin to taunt me. Among them is an older, balding Arab guy. I stop to give them a look and keep walking.

Later, I run into the older Arab guy and confront him. He tries to nonchalantly avoid me but I’m very insistent. I tell him I’m very hurt and disappointed that a grown man would side with those hooligans. We argue for a bit in the hallway of a school. I explain to him that a few of those kids stole from me and I had them arrested. I asked him what he would do if he ran a bodega or a record store and kids stole from him. He tells me he’d run it “(an Arabic word or phrase)” or underground. I get sick of talking to him and stalk off.

I run into a woman coming out of a room and she stops me with a concerned look on her face. She tells me I’ve got something coming out of my right ear, something that looks like coke. I check my nose (thinking she means cocaine). I walk down the hall and stop at a display table to look for tissues. I reach for some papers on the table and end up picking up a small book called “Simpsons Big Contest Book Whee!”. I put it down and pick up some napkins on another table nearby. I dab my ear and notice some thick brown fluids (like a infected scab). I continue dabbing and trying to find my way out of this place.

I walk down a corridor that looks like the inside of a government office or jail. I open one door to see a large black woman guard standing just inside. I close it and keep walking.

Sunday, October 12th, 2003

I’m talking to my mom about something and end up bringing her home with me. It’s late at night and I’m hungry. We go through the fridge together but find nothing. Elise is also there, sitting quietly on a sofa chair.

Later…

I’m in a bedroom with Susannah (who’s also more than one woman). We’re fooling around and about to have sex. I want to have anal sex and one of the women agrees to it. I pull on some clothes to go out and get some Vaseline. I realize it’s late and most stores are closed. Susannah suggests I go to (some address) to a late-night Kroger. I tell her I can probably find a bodega closer by.

I go out on the porch and see three middle-aged women looking at something in the yard. I ignore them and head out. It’s nighttime but the sun’s out. I see an open bodega a block away and head for it.

Suddenly, a woman on a bike careens out of control and skids against the wall and crashes, knocking down an older woman. I run toward the fallen older woman and call the police on my cell. I tell the police there’s been an accident at (looking up at the street signs) Calas and Jorelemon. “A woman on a bike just hit an old woman.” The young woman on the bike panics and tries to run. Her boyfriend comes by and picks her up on his bike.

As they ride off, I continue describing them to the police, “She’s a white woman wearing a lime green turtleneck sweater.” I see her lifting the bottom of the sweater, revealing its red underside. “It’s red on the other side,” I continue, “She’s with a black man…” The man sees me on the phone and doubles back for me. “…Who’s about to beat me up.” I continue. He walks towards me in a threatening manner (though I’m not scared).

Suddenly, we’re indoors. He tries to intimidate me into not reporting the accident. Meanwhile, he’s drinking a cola through a long, winding straw. He tries to direct the straw towards me to get soda on me. I dodge it and bend the straw back towards him and inside his shirt, getting cola all over him. I head outside to get away from him but my legs are heavy and I move very slowly. I keep looking back to see if he’s following me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home