Wednesday, August 13, 2003

July 17th, 2003

I'm at the store (though it's set up outdoors). Two black men & a black woman are robbing us at gunpoint. She has a gun to my back as I’m emptying the register. The store is also a bank and the two men are emptying all the other tills. When they finish and run off, I go after them.

I catch up with the woman in a bathroom and attack her, subduing her quite easily. A young black police detective is helping me apprehend her. I’m also a detective. I tell the woman she’s going to help me find her accomplices though she denies having any. “Who were those two guys then?” I ask, “You’re telling me that they got away with the bulk of the money and left you here on your own?”

We sit with her in a train station near the bank and wait for backup. Suddenly, one of the other robbers comes around the corner, sees me and runs through the revolving doors into an office building.

I yell for my fellow officer to go after him. He’s slow to react and I have to yell for him to go. He finally runs after him.

I’m getting very anxious and want to join him but can’t leave my quarry. I see two police officers on horseback ride into the station (which is now a movie theater). I wave them down. They stop abruptly and direct me to a female officer in the room.

She’s handing out tickets (or something) and I approach her to explain my situation. “Listen,” I say breathlessly, “I’m an undercover detective and I have one of the bank robbers in here (a large paper sack). My partner just went in that building after another robber and I need to help him. I’ve been waiting for backup but they haven’t gotten here yet. Can you please watch her while I go?”

She says she’s here for some minor disturbance at the theater and is skeptical about me being a detective.

I feel a little insecure about the amateurish way I’m speaking to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home