Tuesday, August 12, 2003

July 16th, 2003

I've infiltrated an enemy compound. I'm disguised and snooping around along with some other agents. I look into a murky fishtank at some large prawns. One of them has large bites missing from its body.

I'm standing against a huge glass enclosure. Inside it is a female agent chipping her way out. I stand near it as a lookout and give her an "OK" signal. Suddenly, an enemy (Nazi?) comes near and I stand to block his view of where she is in the tank. The glass is tinted dark black and the area where she is chipping would reveal her if not for me blocking it. With my hands behind me, I signal for her to stop but she keeps chipping away at the spot. Overhead, I see a monitor showing that exact spot. It's an image/symbol of a skull (like Castle Greyskull or Skeletor from He-Man). The agent in the tank comes out, now a dashing, older military man with grey hair.

Along with three other agents my age, we're gathered around trying to quickly decide on an escape plan. The older agent says he knows the way down and out of here. I also remember a different way but decide to go with his.

We run through some factory-like rooms and send ourselves quickly down small ladder shafts (like in a submarine). We're talking as we go, sharing some history and camaradery. Cody is one of the other young agents. he refers to me as a brother-in-arms. We're also all very well-educated academics. Someone mentions a woman we all know (the older gent's daughter?) and the effect she has on our group dynamic. "What effect?" I joke. The older agent says a similiar woman broke up his group some 30 years ago. We're all bummed at the prospect of disbanding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home