Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Tuesday, March 25th, 2003

I'm leaving a party, getting a ride with a guy who drives a bus. I'm chatting it up with a handful of people I just met. We go a short ways to drop off a few women. A bunch of us get out with them. The live in a huge warehouse. We all go up in an old freight elevator. Inside their flat, there's a huge communal kitchen with a giant sign about how the vast majority of the world eats rice. One of the women is introducing us to her flatmates. I walk around and notice one of her flatmates, a Chinese woman. I complain about something to her.

Later...

I'm roommates with Brian Alexander and Josh Weill. I get up in the morning to get ready and hear Peggy and Brian talking in bed. She apparently came over in the morning to visit him. I go through Josh's room (he's gone) to the bathroom to shower. I hear some noise in the hallway and peek out to see. My grandmother is folding sheets and cleaning up. She hears the noise also and looks around. I come out and make myself known to her so she won't worry. Then I realize I haven't seen her in a long time.

I end up not taking a shower. I walk to another part of the house where my mom, May, Mercedes and a newborn baby boy are getting ready to leave. May looks a bit tired and puffy. I hear my dad in Brian's room talking loudly. He's reprimanding Brian about having a woman over. As my dad leaves brian's room, I yell angrily at him, "You have no right to yell at Brian. You don't pay rent here, I do. You don't know him. Instead of coming to me to ask about it, you reprimand him?" My mom says, "Well, he shouldn't have women over." I say, "How do you know she spent the night?" I'm still very angry with dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home