Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Sunday, March 23rd, 2003

I'm looking through a high school yearbook from a school in Indiana. As I flip through, many of the students look very familiar. I keep looking for their names in the captions to see if they're Henry Clay students. I show the yearbook to someone else and tell them that it's trange so many HC students are in this book. I come across a club photo with AJ in it. The other person tells me to ask Elise about it since it's her yearbook. I go find Elise in the outdoor food court. I'm holding some kind of food and want to ask her what it is. She's busy behind a food stall and doesn't want to talk to me but instead hands me a sandwich. I wonder for a second if it's free, then decide to hand her a five. She hesitates, then takes it and gives me some coin change.

Suddenly, my dad appears and starts talking to me. I wave for him to join me at a bar/table. Susannah and Mr. Zhang are also there. Dad says to Susannah, "Don't worry, I'll speak English." Susannah tells him "Nice haircut" in Chinese. Dad doesn't seem to register thant Susannah just spoke Chinese, though I'm trying to point it out. Susannah says (in English), "It's too bad you can't come to England with us. It's soooo beautiful." Mr Zhang says, referring to my dad, "It's hard for him to get a visa."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home