Thursday, August 15, 2002

I'm Denzel Washington. I'm looking at my left hand, it's encased in a bowl under some opaque, colored, jello-like plastic. I can wiggle my fingers, and with effort, pull free slightly. I'm afraid to pull my hand out completely.

later...

AJ and I are walking in a parking lot in a Japanese part of town. An Asian guy comes up and starts talking to us. At first I think he's speaking Japanese, then I realize it's Mandarin. He says "You've got to stay healthy, right? Keep your breathing normal?" I nod but keep walking, trying to ignore him. We walk up to a book stand run by another Chinese guy. We're looking at a thick cookbook. It's in CHinese and English and printed on brown tissue-like paper. I'm hesitant to get it, distrustful of the translation. AJ wants it, saying "I thought we'd discussed this..." As I flip through the book, I come upon a box of candy Mah Jong tiles. AJ says "Now we have to get it." I agree but tell AJ to find one without a sticky cover. He shows me one with two hard, metal covers. I say "As long as it's not expensive, it's fine." I also ask him to buy it. He takes it up to the seller to buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home