Monday, July 29, 2002

At a party, I saw a girl I used to date briefly but had forgotten why we'd broken up. A friend (Adam?) asked me about her and I began having a flashback...

She was a very young and petite Asian (Chinese or Vietnamese) girl who wore contacts. We were in her dorm room (high school though?) and had been flirting and thinking about dating. I finally approached her on the couch and we started kissing. her skin was dark & very smooth. She got on top of me as we kissed, I felt the skin between her shirt and pants. We were both fully clothed and there were some other people in the room. After a while, we talked about seriously going out. I told her that my parents and I were thinking about moving back to San Francisco. I asked her how long she had before graduation (thinking it would be soon and we could leave together). She said about 3 years. I was very surprised and asked if she was a freshman. She said yes. I told her we probably shouldn't date since long distance relationships never work well. I felt very sad as I held onto her and talked about this.

Later...

I'm at the scene of a fire. As firefighters battle the blaze on a pier, a bunch of young kids (12-year-olds?) run like crazy around the fire trucks and get in the way. There are a few burned out cars in the parking lot. I also see some redneck families sitting at a make-shift picnic table with food and beer, watching the fire. I comment to someone I'm with that these people are idiots. Point Of View shifts to a higher, aerial view as we survey the fire damage. I suspect it was drug-related as police and firefighters open crates full of burned money. As I theorize about the drug dealers, my friend asks "How much money was down there?" I answer, "Enough to kill people over."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home