Wednesday, June 27, 2001

had a long vivid dream this morning:

started out with me walking to a bus stop in an unfamiliar part of town, in fact it didn't even look like San Francisco. It was very sunny. I stepped onto a bus to ask directions, the bus driver and a young woman (both black) were talking like they knew each other. I asked the driver about where I could catch the 33 (I think) and she said It was a ways away. Then I just told her where I was wanting to go (22nd & Valencia or Mission). She said she went that way, so I got on.

The I was in a cafe of some sort sitting with Karin Bergquist of Over the Rhine (a Cincinnati band, a group I used to really be into). She and Linford (her husband) had apparently moved to the East Bay. We talked for quite a bit, like old acquaintances. We talked about how nice it was to have community stores to go into, even if they weren't in our neighborhood. She talked about going to some place in Hillsdale (a mall in the Peninsula). As she talked I could read it on a screen, as if we were emailing each other. Some of her words ran together, like "doyouknowhatImean?" It was very like her to run her words together. I also found myself pacing about as we talked.

I woke up feeling nice and humming "Thank You, My Angel" by Over the Rhine.

p.s. on Sunday I'd just ordered a couple of OTR CDs online, should get them in any day now. Before bed, I was thinking about bus passes for some reason...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home