Tuesday, May 22, 2001

This morning I had a string of vignettes:

I was teaching a college class that went from midnight to 2 am. Around the end of class, I noticed a bunch of students nodding off. I got mad and started berating the kids for it. I dismissed only the front rows and told the rest to stay until I told them they could leave. But instead, everyone left. I got really frustrated and called Wei Ming. I was apparently subbing for one of her classes. She basically told me that the students had been in classes all day and that I should try to keep them after class. I got pissed at her for not telling me any of this beforehand and looking like a fool.

Then I was on a bus, maybe the 19 Polk. We were under a bridge when the driver stopped and talked with some construction workers. He then told the passengers that there was an execution scheduled for later and asked if we wanted to wait and see it. The bus took a vote, first for, then against. I was irritated and voted against. The vote was close and the driver wanted to make a tie breaking vote. I got more mad and asked to get off the bus and wait for another one. The driver didn't know why I was getting so agitated.

Then I was indoors somewhere when Matt Abaya came up to me. I had been wanting to see him for some time and called him over. I introduced him to Mark Carmichael (a guy I used to live near in Lexington) as one of the actors in my upcoming film. Matt seemed confused and irritated as though he wasn't right for the part at all. I was confused, thinking that they had met before and everything was fine.

ack, 3 dreams that involved frustration and negativity.

woke up humming nothing. I've been reading Sherman Alexie's Reservation Blues. Not as good as Lone Ranger & Tonto, but a nice read nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home