Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wednesday November 3rd, 2004

I’m on a bus going from work to a restaurant on Garnet Street. There are a lot of young black people on the bus, a few of who are arguing. I get to my stop and realize that a friend I thought was on the bus is someone else.

I get off and notice there are huge puddles of water on the streets and sidewalk. A couple of the young black women who get off with me are hopping the puddles, trying to get home.

I realize I don’t know where I am. I look around to see a few restaurants but nothing that looks interesting. I begin to walk down the sidewalk, trying to avoid the streams of water and other pedestrians.

The water turns to snow and I’m trudging through it with sandals on. I think to myself that I didn’t think it was going to be this cold.

I trudge up a hill and see Franklin Street. I figure I’m coming up on Geary and could call Wei Ming to see if she wants to have dinner with me. I dial her number and hear one of my own messages to her playing back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home