Saturday, October 02, 2004

Saturday, October 2, 2004

Lynnette & I enter a basement workshop looking for someone. The place is full of large woodworking tools. A smurf enters and turns on the lights. All the tools turn on, which makes me very nervous. I go around trying to turn them off one at a time. We continue walking through the room and it turns into an appliance showroom full of washers, dryers and ranges. I tell Lynnette we have to leave because I’m having a panic attack. She tells me to breath and relax. I tell her the appliances are fine but the power tools are freaking me out. I suddenly realize that it’s because the last time I confronted Han (my nemesis) was in a workshop. Lynnette tries to comfort me and walks me through the showroom back to the workshop to lead me out. As we head out, I ask the smurf if Han is here. He says he can check and goes into a small office. I decide I have to finish Han once and for all tonight. I level my revolver at the door and prepare to shoot him as soon as he appears.

Han and a henchman open the door and I squeeze the trigger. I’m apparently out of ammo. I rush him and press the barrel against his head, telling him not to move. Lynnette quickly rifles through my pockets, trying to find more bullets. I’m frantic and not sure what to do. His henchman starts to move around and I tell him to freeze or I’ll shoot his boss. The henchman begins to tell me an anecdote. He says that Han does a radio show and every time one of his enemies gets close, he tells his listeners that he’s going on a short leave. I ask, “So if he dies, someone takes over and no one’s the wiser?” Han and the henchman both laugh about this scenario.

The henchman pulls out a large, oddly-shaped throwing star and I try unsuccessfully to wrest it out of his hands. I also try to pistol-whip Han. I begin to get frustrated with my inability to finish him off. Although frustrated with not being able to finish the job, I’m so stressed out that I wake myself up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home