Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Tuesday, September 14th, 2004

I’m in a city under siege from mythical monsters. A group of us are sitting around discussing who will face the enemy. An elder pours alcohol into three small hollowed-out melons and places them on a table in front of us. I look to a friend at the table and we both grab for a melon and down the alcohol, a gesture of defiance and willingness to face the enemy.

I lean over and discuss strategy with my ally. I tell him we have to lure the monster to land and that we’re at a great disadvantage at sea, especially since I can’t swim. I suggest that we clear a path through the city and lure the monsters to a building where we can contain and destroy them.

Outside, it’s now quiet and the rain has subsided. We walk through the rubble. I notice broken pieces of buildings putting themselves back together. I tell everyone to throw these pieces into a pit to prevent them from reconstituting. We pick up the large columns and pieces with ease and heave them over a cliff into a pit. There are also many rolls of carpet strew about. We also throw these into the pit.

Admiral Fitzwallace (from the West Wing) approaches and I ask him where the other leaders (Rumsfeld, etc) are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home