Thursday, January 03, 2002

had quite a string of dreams this morning:

First I was walking through some streets that looked European. As I walked, I hummed/mumbled gangster rap lyrics. Somebody across the street yelled but I didn't pay any attention. I waslked into a cafe and ordered something to drink. Then 2 black men dressed in red came in. One of them yelled at me as he passed and stabbed me in the right shoulder with a small box cutter. I fell to the ground as he kept yelling about me stealing his rhymes. He pulled out a gun and I ducked for cover under the bar. Then a mob of people confronted him (his friend ran off). The crowd subdued him. A woman ran up to the crowd and opened her jacket, revealing a bunch of automatic pistols she had collected. The mob held the guns on him. I got up, took one of the guns and approached him. I couldn't bring myself to shoot him. I was so angry I was crying.

Later... I was back in high school, running around the halls lookin for my class. A woman's voice kept yelling for me to stop, referring to me as "Chinaman." I stopped and confronted her. She was extremely short and had a head of curly clownlike hair. She retreated into a chair as I got in her face, asking "what did you call me?" I told her that Chinaman was an antiquidated term akin to "nigger" and that it was inappropriate to call someone that. She kept calling other teachers over to help her but I just ignored them. She even send over an Asian teacher, who I also ignored. The Asian teacher had a row of antler-like thorns coming out of her neck (which I thought was very cool). Finally, I told the short teacher she could call me Dan or Mr. Wu or Mr. Chinese guy and walked off.

I walked into class and saw a number of my old Henry Clay classmated. I found a seat next to David Jones. He seemed very happy to see me. I asked him "Doesn't it seem like we've been in this class..." "Forever" --he finished my sentence. I said that we finished college already and wondered why we still had to take this class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home