Tuesday, September 25, 2001

had a couple of very intense, vivid dreams...

first Susannah & I were at some fancy restaurant. The chef or owner was sitting with us, talking about the food and showing us how to eat it. He was a bit lecherous, and kept telling Susannah that spreading her legs while sitting would help her digestion. I felt very uncomfortable but wasn't sure what to do. Then Susannah asked me if I needed to go to the bathroom, giving me a stern look - a signal. I said yes and we both excused ourselves and got up.

later...

I'm in a mall trying to find my way out. As I'm leaving, the mall goes up in flames (but only in an abstract way). As I'm walking out, there are manifestations of the inferno in the form of tin flasks. I grab one & head out. As I wander out of the mall, I'm trying to find the way out and end up wandering into a ghetto-esque area. I get nervous and decide to head back the way I came. I'm in the giant parking lot and heading for the road when my nemesis (in this dream, someone vague and unfamiliar) comes up beside me in a large vehicle. I try to get away with a combination of sheer will and pedalling. I get a little distance away from him, pedalling hard, I can feel myself pushing ahead. Then it feels like I'm in the cab of a semi-truck, leaning forward, making the vehicle move. The whole time, I am in the persona of a woman (not sure who). As I'm exiting the parking lot, I ask/tell an older man in a car about how I'm getting out of here and up to Seattle (or rural Washington) via more obscure routes (not wanting to take the main roads in fear of being followed). I then manage, precariously, to make it through a weird 6-way intersection. I now feel like I'm on a bicycle and my legs are stiff and the pedals hard to move. I make it through the intersection and finally ge ton my way.

ugh. it was a very physical dream. I was very tired upon waking.

woke up humming Springsteen's "Born to Run"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home