Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm holding a man for murder in the lobby of a building.  He's standing outside a door and I'm watching him (though he's not dangerous).  Various coworkers of his peek out from the kitchen door and I shoo them away.  He wants to make a call and scrawls a number on a piece of paper.  I tell him to use the landline instead of my cell.  I go into the kitchen/other room and get him a cordless phone.  It's large & unwieldy and I think it's a walky-talky.  I tell him I'll need to listen in on the call.

From a room down the hall I hear Sofia crying.  I ignore it since she's supposed to be in bed.  I glance down the hall and see Susannah in an office shutting down the computer.  She has her coat on for reason.

I go into a glass-encased foyer and look for the police.  I check my phone and see that it's been almost an hour since I called them.  Finally, a police cruiser pulls into the parking lot.  I hurry back to the lobby to check on the murderer.  I thought others were watching him but he's all alone.  I stand near him and wait for the police to enter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home