Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm in high school sitting in a large classroom. We've just been delivered a box of pencils and I'm sharpening one. It crumbles immediately in the sharpener and by the time it's sharp, there's only about 10% left. I show this to the teacher and she seems very annoyed with me. I start ranting about the School Supply Industrial Complex and begin yelling to the rest of the class, "They already serve us z-grade meat in the cafeteria, now there sending us crap for supplies so we're buy more! WE'RE paying for this stuff!"

No one is listening to me so I sit down. An Asian kid next to me starts getting in my face, saying how I don't represent him. I ask him if he means as an Asian or as a student. He keeps hitting my hat & getting too close and I ask him to step off.

I try a box of pens and they all seem fine. Still angry, I dump out all the pencils and start to sharpen them. Many are already broken. The teacher sees what I'm doing and instead of noticing the quality of the pencils she is exasperated by what I'm doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home