Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm at a party celebrating my mom getting her PhD.  As she's giving her speech, an older family friend mentions money.  My mom says, "First off, you taught us academics not to value money so much,  Secondly, this PhD thing doesn't pay too well."  The crowd laughs.  I mention to her about my college professor and she starts telling his story to the crowd.  I quickly take over, "He was our journalism professor, always told us to 'get the story.'  One of his students was kidnapped by terrorists and executed.  One of his other students identified the kidnapper on video (recognized his shoes) and was able to put the guy away.  Unfortunately, during the course of the trial, the student's identity was revealed and he too was killed."

I go on to tell the crowd that the professor also gave his life in the cause of truth & justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home